Saturday, January 31, 2015

White Rose Writings The Hobbit Trilogy Movie Awards



I stole this idea (and the list) from dormouse on The One Ring Messageboard - hope you forgive me dormouse. Remember "imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."

So without further delay (some spoilers, beware)


The Hobbit Movies White Rose Writings Awards



Most memorable  (a three way tie)


Thorin and Balin at Bag End



Thorin's Entrance



(I didn't know what to expect, but my heart stood still)

The Opening of the Door to Erebor





Most moving

Thorin and Bilbo 

"Look Thorin, the eagles..."





Most missed (something from the book that you hoped to see and didn't)

Thorin, Fili, and Kili fighting side by side at the end



Most appealing visually


Any scene with Thorin 


Most puzzling



 Walnuts?

(yes, I read interview with Philippa Boyens explanation of why, but I'm still not convinced)

Most amusing





Most like the book

Riddles in the Dark




Most unlike the book

The entire sequence of Thorin and the Dwarves 
fighting with Smaug


I was shocked first time I saw it, but the second time I watched DOS I liked it, happy they were fighting back, and now I watch all the time 


Most unexpected


Still remember the moment I saw this scene and heard 
the song the first time 




Not in the movie the first time, but before, in the AUJ trailer.  
My favorite song from the trilogy.


Most imaginative


The final battle of Thorin and Azog


There is so much, so difficult to select any one scene or moment from all three films. How to define "imaginative"? Right now my mind is filled with images of BOTFA. I found the battle on the ice to be strangely elegant.

******
Thank you dormouse

Bonus

Fabo's Best and Worst Hobbit Movie Premieres


Top Five Hobbit Movie Premieres for an International Audience Watching Online

1.  November 28, 2012 - 
World Premiere of The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey and of the Trilogy, Wellington, NZ

 2.  December 1, 2012  
Premiere of The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, Tokyo, Japan

(Live Streaming of the entire press conference as well as the premiere)

3.  December 9, 2013
 Premiere of The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug,
Berlin, Germany 

4.  January 20, 2015
Premiere of The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies
Beijing, China

Thanks to the Armitage Chinese Fans for making it such a great experience for all Armitage fans around the world

(and also some of the best Richard Armitage interviews of any premiere PR Junket, I even feel bad calling it a PR Junket, they are great, and still we're getting more of them to enjoy)


5.  December 12, 2012 
The Royal Film Performance Premiere
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey
London, UK


Personal Best Hobbit Premiere 

December 6, 2012- US Premiere, Ziegfeld Theater, New York City
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey
To Benefit AFI


Worst Hobbit Movie Premieres for an International Audience Watching Online


Premiere: Los Angeles, CA - Dec 2, 2013
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug

Premiere: Los Angeles, CA - December 9, 2014
The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies



Thank you for reading and viewing

What are your favorite moments of The Hobbit films?







(Pics, videos and screencaps: Screencapped.net, The Armitage Effect, Richard Armitage Central, YouTube - click on the vids for the info on the creators, Google Images)

6 comments:

  1. Can I love this? Consider it loved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LA was so unnecessarily ridiculous, both times. Bizarre. I think Wellington and Berlin were my top two, then London the first time, not sure after that. Weird that we have drowned in such riches, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Think all premieres should just skip LA. I know, what will we have to look forward to this fall and winter? For three years now we've had so much to look forward to, I miss them all already.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...