Sunday, June 24, 2012

Summer Hobbit Heaven and Armitage Bliss






A man may love the truth and practise it,
Beauty he may admire,
And goodness not omit,
As much as may befit
To reverence.

But only when these three together meet,
As they always incline,
And make one soul the seat,
And favorite retreat,
Of loveliness;

Henry David Thoreau


By now I hope all Richard Armitage fans have seen all the photos, and videos, and lovely stories shared by all the wonderful people that were lucky to attend Sir Ian McKellen's show at the Opera House in Wellington, NZ on June 23.  Seeing photos and video of Richard Armitage again after months of not having any news made for a blissful Saturday. 

I thought I would revisit some of my favorite moments so far in the countdown to The Hobbit:


Thanks to RACentral

The Powhiri is one of my favorite Richard Armitage moments. If someone asked me to make them understand why I like him so very much I would first show them this video. 

The Hobbit first press conference:


Thanks to linuxelf1

Peter Jackson's Video Blogs - Favorite moments:



The Hobbit Trailer:

 and listening to Richard Armitage sing

A video of Saturday night at the Opera House in Wellington:


 Thanks to brionyjae



Hobbit Happenings Ahead:

Thanks to news from Sir Ian McKellen those of us in the US, especially the Eastern US, now know that there will be a Hobbit premiere in New York City.  As it happens only a few hours away from me, so at this moment I am planning on being there. But when will it be? 

I signed up for an alert of when Hobbit tickets would go on sale in my area and the date of the opening here was December 13. So, is it opening on December 13 in select cities, and then on December 14 nationwide in the US? It happens with many films. So that is my  fun Hobbit task for the next few months, find out if the New York premiere will be December 12, 13 or 14 or when...and where in the city?  Any of my fellow fans planning on going as well? 

But next for us Armitage and Hobbit fans is Comic-Con in a few weeks!  Exciting Times.



8 comments:

  1. Exciting times indeed! Hope you get to go to the Premiere and share your thoughts :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope so too Summer. If all goes well and I do, I will certainly share.

      Delete
  2. I live near NYC and I am tempted to go to the premiere although those red-carpet things are so crazy and boring (you wait and wait and wait for hours....) although if I'd do it for anyone it would absolutely be RA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I imagine it will be very crazy, but the excitement of being there will be worth it (I hope). I wouldn't do this for anyone else either, well, maybe one other actor :) Would be great if you do go, and others go too, and we can all arrange to meet on the day! Keep in touch if you do go.

      Delete
  3. We have a lot to look forward to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It will be lots of fun and good to share with everyone.

      Delete
  4. I would love to go to the NYC Hobbit premiere to see RA walk the red carpet and meet up with some of my AW gal pals as part of the fun!
    Pennies would have to be pinched--and a fear of flying (not a metaphor) overcome--but I would like to keep my options open at this point. It's fun to think about it anyway. Ha! Cheers! ;->

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be a great reason to visit NYC! Hope if a group goes that we'll keep in touch and meet there.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...